Head on over and check out this giveaway here!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Have you heard of Anatomicals? If not then I’m guessing you’re not part of Meg’s Makeup, in which case comment below (with your email address) or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your invite! You will not regret it!!
Anatomicals is a brand that I honestly wish I had’ve discovered earlier. With a philosophy like ‘We only want you for your body’ you know that these guys are going to be refreshingly honest about what their products can and can’t do!
As a member of Meg’s Makeup I was lucky enough to get my hands on their ‘Stop Cracking Up’ lip balm. Now, I’m going to make it clear here that I have very high standards when it comes to lip balms. I’m not interested in any nice scents or cute packaging. If it doesn’t moisturise my lips and do it extremely well, then it gets chucked.
For this reason, Lucas Papaw Ointment is basically the only lip balm I use. That is, until I got this.
I applied it to my lips, expecting it to be a fairly average product, nothing special. So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that this product does exactly what it’s supposed to, it stops your lips from ‘cracking up’!!
Would I recommend this? Yes! Everyone needs this in their handbag. There is nothing worse than dry, cracked lips so let Anatomicals work their magic on you!
I’m dying to try more of their stuff especially the ‘No Old Bags Allowed’ eye cream! When I get enough money I’ll definitely be ordering some.
Don’t forget to check out their site, I guarantee you’ll get a laugh!
Thanks for viewing!
Big hello to all my gorgeous followers! I’m in need of your advice!
My skin is getting really sensitive lately. I used to use the Clinique skincare range without any problems, but lately my skin has started reacting to it. It gets all red and hot and my usually oily t-zone area is now really dry. Have you had this happen to you??
I decided to switch to this, in the hope that it would help:
My skin has definitely calmed down a little since I started using this but I’ve noticed that sometimes my skin doesn’t feel very clean afterwards…
So now I’m on the hunt for another cleanser to try. Something that won’t irritate my skin and will leave it feeling clean and fresh. Do you have any suggestions? What do you use??
Thanks for viewing!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
I was lucky enough to be nominated for this Kreative Blogger award by the gorgeous blogger Sarah! I just love her blog, it’s always so interesting and she does the most awesome makeup looks! If you’re not following her already, then go do so now!
To accept this award do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
I dunno if you’ll find all this interesting, but I’ll write it anyway! :P
My family and I go camping every year. We’ve been going since I was 7 years old and we always go to the same place. It’s actually my favourite place to be, because it’s so far from Auckland and everything there is so much more carefree and relaxed. I get to laze around on the beach all day which is one of my favourite things to do!
I love crafting. I’m a craft freak. I make a lot of jewellery mostly, but also make plushies and clothes and basically just anything. My room is FULL of both makeup and craft supplies! There’s hardly any room for me! :P
I worked at Air New Zealand Fashion Week last year and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I worked 4 days of it in total, which included one day assisting Steph Lai (well known makeup artist here in New Zealand), one day doing the makeup for the TAV show and two 12 hour days (exhausting much?!) doing the makeup for several shows on during Fashion WeekEND.
I wish I had’ve worked at it this year, but oh well… always next year! :D
I’m somewhat addicted to Home and Away and try to watch it most nights. If I happen to miss an episode then I try to catch the omnibus at the end of the week, lol! There’s just always something happening on that show, I love all the drama! :P
My uncle has a tattoo set up, complete with all the hygiene and sanitation stuff. One day he decided to let my sister and I play around with it and now he has a really wonky looking pentagram on his arm, thanks to me. LOL! You would think he’d be bothered by that (come on, most people would be right?) but he couldn’t care less! It’s great! :P
I LOVE Will Ferrell! His movies are hilarious! Elf is probably one of my favourite christmas movies, and Step Brothers cracks me up everytime I watch it. Not to mention Anchorman, Talladega Nights and Blades Of Glory.. pretty much any movie with him in it is a movie I enjoy. :P
I’m such a huge fan of WWE, I watch Raw whenever I can. >_> I have so many favourite wrestlers and think that Randy Orton has the most amazing thighs in the world. <_< Lol :P Seriously though, I love watching WWE, it’s so hilarious. :D
Sorry I couldn’t think of anything more interesting, I never know what to say on these things! :P
Now I’d like to nominate:
Thanks again Sarah! And btw, Halloween isn’t big over here either, I really do wish it was! :(
Monday, October 5, 2009
Shades Of U is having an amazing giveaway that you can check out here!
I am so excited to present this MAC Giveaway for The Shades Of U followers and subscribers!! This contest is open to everyone eighteen (18) years old and older worldwide. Take a look at the prizes in store for the winner (all items are brand-new, untested MAC products):
1. Blackware glimmerglass
2. Blackfire glimmerglass
3. Blingblack glimmerglass
4. Black Knight cremesheen lipstick
5. Blue Flame mineralize eyeshadow
6. Cinderfella mineralize eyeshadow
7. Wisteria eyeshadow trio (Dame Edna collection)
8. Kirsch mattene lipstick
It is easy to join. First of all, you need to be a subscriber or follower of this blog, either via Twitter, Blogger or Google Friend Connect, RSS Feed, Facebook or e-mail.
Also, this is a viral contest, so you need to post a link to this blog contest or a link to The Shades Of U homepage, on your blogs (Blogger, Vox, Livejournal, Xanga, etc), forums you visit, or social networks (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Friendster, etc). Re-tweeting on Twitter or sharing this link on your Facebook account fulfills this requirement. One post about this contest is enough to become eligible. Then come back to this blog entry and fill in the form below, answering the question "How Are You Subscribed to The Shades Of U?", and including the link to your blog/forum/social network post about The Shades Of U or the contest.
1. This contest is open to all The Shades Of U Subscribers/Followers 18 years old and older. International subscribers (outside of the US) are welcome to join. Subscribe to The Shades Of U via one of the following: the RSS Feed, e-mail subscription, Twitter, or Blogger/Google Friend Connect or Facebook. If you are currently a subscriber, you are automatically eligible to join and you do not need to re-subscribe.
2. Fill up the contest entry form below, include your name and e-mail address (don't worry, only I can read your information and these details shall not be published). You also need to answer the question, "How are you subscribed to The Shades Of U?". Your answer should be one of these:
a. RSS Feed
b. Twitter (include Twitter ID)
c. E-mail subscription (include email address)
d. Blogger/Google (include Blogger name)
e. Facebook (include Facebook name)
3. In the entry form, also include the link to the post you created on your blog, social network, or forum you visited about The Shades Of U MAC Viral Giveaway.
PLEASE READ, VERY IMPORTANT: We've been receiving entries with no link to the blog, forum or Social Network post about this Giveaway. Please include the link to the post you've created about this Giveaway in your entries. Thanks.
4. The contest shall run starting today,October 3, 2009 and ends on Friday, October 9, 2009 at 11:55 p.m. EDT.
5. Contest Machine and The Shades Of U shall randomly pick one winner, announce the name of the winner on this blog, and shall contact the winner via the e-mail address provided in the entry form.
6. The winner shall respond with his/her mailing address within seventy-two (72) hours of the delivery of the notification e-mail; otherwise, the entry shall be disqualified and another winner shall be chosen. Thus, this is also the reason why entrants should subscribe to this blog to be promptly apprised of the winner's name just in case the notification e-mail does not go through or goes to the spam inbox.
7. The Shades Of U will ship the prize package to anywhere in the world via First Class mail. If the winner is a US Resident, the prize shall be sent with delivery confirmation. If the winner resides outside of the US, the prize shall be sent to the international winner using First Class international mail with no tracking number. However, the postal receipt shall be kept as evidence of shipment. The Shades Of U shall not be responsible for loss or delays in the delivery of the package after the prize has been mailed, nor shall it be responsible for customs duties or fees.
So go check it out!!