Monday, March 26, 2012

Review: Venomous Cosmetics - I've been bitten!

Venomous Cosmetics was created by Tracy Porter, who combined her love of makeup with venomous animals. As a result, she strives to make colours that are as vibrant as their names suggest.

I first became interested in Venomous Cosmetics when I heard that they sell pressed eyeshadow samples. Who does that? At $2.00 USD a piece, they are very reasonably priced and are the same size as Yaby eyeshadows.


I picked up four eyeshadows: Fer-De-Lance (deep red-toned brown)


Chupacabra (medium plum purple with blue shift)


Gaboon Viper (cool toned smokey brown)


Caribbean Cruise (dirty teal with golden hints). Because the turn-around time was so long, Tracy actually upgraded my Caribbean Cruise eyeshadow to a full size one, and included some extras!


The extras she included were: Nightmare (periwinkle), Black Mamba (shimmery charcoal), Surfing the Gold Coast (bright medium blue with gold sparkle) and Purple People Eater (black with purple shift) loose samples, along with a pen. Yay!

Swatch time, left to right: Fer-de-Lance, Chupacabra, Gaboon Viper and Caribbean Cruise.


Left to right: Nightmare, Black Mamba


Left to right: Surfing the Gold Coast, Purple People Eater


I am really pleased with how pigmented all these shadows are. Both the loose and pressed varieties come out very true to colour, with a beautiful vibrant finish. The quality of these is definitely up there with Yaby and MAC in my opinion.
My favourite is probably Gaboon Viper, and I actually wore this to the Roger Waters - The Wall concert last month. Looked beautiful!
If you like the look of these, don't forget to check out their site and facebook page. I'm already planning my next purchase..

Thanks for viewing!
oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...