Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Series: Old Reliables!

Yay! Today I'm kicking off a new series on my blog called 'Old Reliables!'

If you know me in real life, then you know I'm literally obsessed with beauty products, I don't care what it is, lipstick, concealer, mascara, if it's new and exciting - then I want it!
Sometimes these new products lose their spark pretty quickly, suddenly that neon green eyeshadow you thought was amazing and absolutely had to have, doesn't seem quite so great anymore. It's times like these that you turn back to those good old all time favourites (Old Reliables).

To kick off this new series, I thought I'd start with face powders/powder foundations.

  • Ben Nye Neutral Set

    This is my go to powder for myself, and everyone else that sits in my makeup chair. Chances are if I do your makeup, I most likely set your foundation with this little baby. I love this. Not only is this ridiculously cheap, but it gives your skin a perfect matte finish. Recommended to everyone!

  • Graftobian HD Pro Powder

    I love my HD products and this is no exception. Can be used both wet and dry, for varying degrees of coverage - although I find I only need to use this dry to get great cover! Like all good professional makeup lines, it comes in lots of colours, so finding a colour suitable for your skin tone should be easy. Highly recommended, especially if you're a fan of dual finish powders.

  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural


    I honestly did not think I would like this face powder as much as I do. Don't get me wrong, I love MAC products in general, but I imagined this would just be one of those over-hyped products that were actually pretty average. I was wrong, this face powder is so damn good! I love how the finish is matte, with a very slight dewy feel to it - it makes it seem more skin like, which is especially good when you don't want to look like you're wearing lots of makeup. Still not entirely sure if I like how this photographs or not, but nonetheless it's a great everyday powder.
Thanks for viewing, watch out for my next instalment!
oxo

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I've never tried Neutral Set, but now I think I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! It's amazing and cheap, not to mention that a little goes a long way. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...