Monday, July 27, 2009

OCC Lip Tars – The Beginning Of An Obsession

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics are a brand I recently discovered thanks to some fabulous bloggers, youtubers and the always informative – Model Mayhem forum.
Their Lip Tars immediately got my attention.

“A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, OCC Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment, so a little goes a very, very long way. An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, OCC Lip Tars come in concise range of colors (and black and white!) for a limitless selection of shades made by you!”

With an introduction like that, who wouldn’t be intrigued?? They also mention that they’re 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free! :D

Upon receiving the 8 lip tars I ordered from camerareadycosmetics, I realised that the description of these was COMPLETELY 100% true.
They are by far the most amazing lip product I have ever tried. Period.
The pigment is insane. The tiny amount needed is just… crazy. I truly did not expect these lip tars to be as good as everyone makes them out to be, but they really are.

Onto the colours I chose:
Clear – obviously for mixing

clear

Feathered – again obviously for mixing

featheredfeathered-swatch

Tarred – fabulous for darkening any of the colours. Plus how awesome would this be for a gothic photoshoot? :o

tarredtarred-swatch

NSFW – I could NOT resist this. As well as being great for mixing, this is the PERFECT red!

nsfwnsfw-swatch

RX – Everyone needs the primary colours!

rx rx-swatch

Traffic – Primary colour again

traffic traffic-swatch

Katricia – I couldn’t say no to this. Bit gutted that Pageant was sold out, wanted that too :(

katricia katricia-swatch

Uber – I just needed this.

uber uber-swatch

I am so in love with these, I don’t think I’ll be satisfied until I own every single lip tar they make. And wouldn’t ya know it, they just released some new colours! Make sure you check out their site here!
We all need lip tars in our lives!!

I’ll be posting swatches of the colours I mix, so be sure to come back and check them out.
Thanks for viewing!
oxo

15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what looks you create with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get them all too. I got pagent a week ago. It's so nice. I really want anime though; it's brighter than pagent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen their new colors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies, thanks for your comments! :)

    Michelle - I think I'm gonna have to organise some photoshoots soon, just so I have an excuse to REALLY play around with them! :P

    Naomi - They're unbelievably addictive! :P I'm so jealous that you have pageant, I'm dying to get that. I hope it's back in stock soon! And I know what you mean about anime, it's gorgeous!!

    Rai - Yes indeedy, I had to check them out as soon as I heard about them! I can't wait to get my hands on hush, anime, conquest and botanical. As well as all the others if I'm being completely honest. Hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! you are gonna have so much fun with these! I love them so much! I am in the same place I want all of them! Cant wait to see some new combos!

    Sara:) www.themakeupsnob.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara - I know! Hehe :) These are definitely the best things I've bought in a LOOONG time. Can't wait to order some more!
    I checked out your blog and became a follower btw! It looks great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been seeing a lot about these around lately,how great is it that they dry to a satin finish,which means there not sticky-can't wait to see what combo's you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are on my wish list! Cannot wait! Enjoy yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. potionprincess - That's honestly the main thing I love about them! :D I can't wait to play around with them some more, had too much on lately :(

    Deborah - You'll love them just as much as I do, if not more! :P And the new colours they've brought out are amazing.. I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing i wont buy because if i do..ill make a mess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya gorgeous!!
    I just got back from overseas and see you haven't posted for a litle while! Hope everythings okayyyyy!!! I've missed your blog!
    Take care okay :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey saw your post on Megs Makeup and thought I'd check out your blog. I love connecting with other beauty bloggers! I added you to my follow list!

    http://mrsblackstenbeautyjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah! So glad to see you're back! Hope you had an amazing time! :) Trying to get back to posting again, been so much drama going on lately! :(

    Hi Mrs Blacksten! Thanks for checking out my blog and deciding to follow me! I'm off to check yours out now :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these! I've been eyeing these for so long I need to go ahead and order them! I really need Tarred!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...