Monday, May 27, 2013

NYX Haul!




When I saw that they were having a sale on NYX products on Cherryculture, I jumped at the chance to pick up a few things that I’d been wanting for a while.
The first thing I had to get was some of the Single Eye shadows. The colours (from left to right) are: Luxor, Purple, Golden, Hawaiian Coffee, Silver, Golden Dune and Greyish Brown.


With Flash
Without Flash
I’ve never used the single eye shadows before, so the first thing I did was swatch them – without a base of course!
Left to right: Luxor, Purple, Golden, Hawaiian Coffee
Silver, Golden Dune, Greyish Brown
Wow. The colour payoff is amazing on all of them except for the Purple. Purple, you’re really letting the team down!
I would have to say that Golden Dune and Hawaiian Coffee are my favourites so far. Golden Dune really reminds me of the MAC Pigment in Blonde’s Gold. Beautiful!

I am a sucker for eye shadow palettes, so next I chose The Runway Collection in Caviar & Bubbles:




Swatches: (again, without a base!)

With Flash
Without Flash
The lighter colours don’t show up so well in photos, but they are really nicely pigmented! Even though the Black is a little chalky – this is a really nice palette and would be absolutely perfect for travel! 

Lastly I decided to grab a couple of Butter Lip Glosses. The colours I got are Peaches And Cream and Vanilla Cream Pie


Swatches:

Left to right: Peaches And Cream, Vanilla Creampie
They smell so damn good, and that is coming from someone who hates anything that smells sweet – but for some reason, I love the smell of these! Shaaanxo said they remind her of the Bavarian crème donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts, and I totally agree. Delicious!
They actually have pretty decent colour payoff for a lip gloss, and don’t feel too sticky and gross either which is really nice!

Once again I am impressed by NYX products, they really are a brand worth checking out.
Thanks for viewing!
oxo

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Nyx has finally arrived in Italy as well. I wanna buy something. Come read my blog if u like, I'd appreciate it http://simplywhatilike.blogspot.it/ xx Vale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww the butter glosses look SO good, such fab shades! I need to try get my hands on some! :)) I haven't tried NYX eye shadows but I'd love to, they seem lovely! Great post honey! <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Valentina!
    Thanks for your comment! I am really loving the NYX products at the moment and would recommend them for sure. I will be sure to check out your blog!

    Hi Andrea!
    Thanks for your comment! The glosses are really nice, and the NYX eyeshadows have great colour payoff (except for that purple one!)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...