Thursday, December 26, 2013

Top 5: Beach Essentials

It's Summer time here in little old New Zealand, and chances are you've got yourself sorted with all your beach must-haves... or have you? I'm here to share my Top 5 Beach Essentials that you may not have even thought of yet!

Lifeproof Case for iPhone


Sand gets everywhere. It's just bound to happen, and I've accepted that and moved on. But I literally can't afford to get my iPhone wrecked by sand, so I invested in a Lifeproof case. It was around $80 NZD but I've seriously got my money's worth out of it. Not only does it stop sand from getting in, but it's also drop-proof and waterproof - perfect for the beach!

Large Beach Towel


Ok, so a towel is a bit of a no-brainer. But what I'm talking about here is a towel so big that it can double as a blanket! These are actually not as easy to find as I thought they would be, but I tracked down this one at Cotton On. I got it for $25 with any purchase, but they retail for $39.99 on their own. Love it.

BB Cream


BB Creams can be pretty hit or miss, so doing your research can definitely help narrow down one that's suitable for you. My favourite at the moment is the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Oily/Combination skin. It provides great coverage, lasts all day and most importantly for this time of year - it has an SPF!

Deodorant

Whether it be a spray or roll on, deodorant at the beach is a must. After swimming and laying in the sun all day, you can be pretty sure that the deodorant you freshly applied in the morning has long since worn off. It's always a good idea to keep some in your beach bag, just so you can enjoy the rest of your day while smelling good.

Poncho Cover-up
I love this Seafolly one from North Beach, I actually have one like this in a mint colour
When you've had a bit too much sun, the best thing you can do is cover up, and something Camille and I swear by are these "poncho-ish" ones. They're loose, comfy and best of all they can protect you from those harsh UV rays. They are perfect for throwing on after you go for a swim, and are so nice and cool that you can pretty much live in them.

So those are my beach essentials. Wishing everyone a safe summer, remember to Slip, Slop, Slap and Wrap!

Thanks for viewing!
oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...