Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: Bobbi Brown Lipsticks


Bright, shiny and new - our much-loved Sheer Lip Colors get a polished update, now in a limited edition silver tube. This lightweight formula delivers an effortless wash of color plus nourishing shine (and pairs perfectly with the season's luminous looks).
Luxurious butters and oils improve the overall condition of lips, instantly and over time. Glides on smoothly and evenly for hours of feather-free wear.

I kind of have a bit of a love/hate relationship with lipstick. I love to wear it, and love the look of it. But more often than not, I hate the feeling of it! 
This is because I get really dry/chapped lips pretty much year round and almost every lipstick I try dries them out even more. It's really irritating!

But I have to say, this Sheer Lip Color lipstick feels so nice! It's formulated with Shea Butter, Murumuru Butter and Apricot Kernel Oils which rejuvenate and nourish the lips, all while actually improving the condition of lips overtime. It glides on super smooth, and doesn't seem to dry out my lips at all, leaving them feeling soft and moisturised.

The colour I have is Pink Gold from the Nude Glow Collection and it is a light shimmery gold. Normally I don't like shimmer in lipsticks, but this actually looks quite beautiful on. The first time I wore it I got asked what I was wearing about 6 times, I kid you not! That hardly ever happens with my lipsticks! 

Here's a swatch and closeup:


And here's a photo of me wearing it:


Now onto the new Shimmer Lip Color...

Bobbi Brown's iconic Lip Color is now available in new shades that combine high-shine emollients and light-reflective pearls for something completely fresh. Don't think metallic or frost - the effect is sheer and multi-dimensional. The lightweight yet moisturising formula glides effortlessly and evenly onto lips, leaving a thin veil of light-reflecting colour that  lasts for hours without feathering or drying.
Each shade is formulated with a unique blend of pearls for an effect that's intensely reflective yet soft and wearable; individual pearls have a smooth, flat shape and reflective, mirror-like quality.


Like I said above, I normally don't like shimmer in lipsticks - but there is something about these that is just gorgeous. Instead of looking chunky and glittery, these just have the most gorgeous shine. 

The colour I have is Berry Shimmer and it is a gorgeous neutral pink. These too are formulated with Shea Butter and Murumuru Butter, which leaves your lips feeling supple and conditioned. The colour payoff of this is actually pretty good considering that they are on the sheer side, and it really doesn't take much to get a nice opaque colour. 

It's not actually a shade that I would normally gravitate to, so it's taken me by surprise just how much I love this!
Here's a swatch and a close up:


And here's a photo of me wearing it:


Overall I am very impressed by both of these lipsticks. They feel great, more like a lip balm than a lipstick, and are both colours that I will get a lot of wear out of. These are both available now, at the Bobbi Brown store in Britomart.

Thanks for viewing!
oxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...