Tuesday, March 17, 2009

M.A.C Hello Kitty Haul and Review

Yay! My first real blog post (welcome message so doesn't count!)

This is the one collection I had REALLY been looking forward to. The Hello Kitty collection by M.A.C is probably the cutest collection I've seen from them. The packaging is just so adorable. See for yourself:


The collection includes:
  • 6 lipsticks
  • 6 lipglasses
  • 2 tinted lip conditioners
  • 2 eyeshadow palettes (each containing four eyeshadows)
  • 2 pigments
  • 2 reflect glitters
  • 4 glitter liners
  • 2 beauty powder blushes
  • 2 beauty powders
  • 3 nail polishes
  • false lashes
  • mascara
It also includes a range of accessories including a Hello Kitty Brush Collection (which includes 3 brushes!)

I only ended up purchasing three items from this collection: A Beauty Powder Blush in 'Tippy', and two lipsticks - 'Big Bow' and 'Fresh Brew'. The reason I didn't purchase more was because I wasn't really that impressed with the colour pay off. In my opinion, the packaging is more appealing than the product itself in this case.
But in saying that I really do love the stuff I bought, and if I had more money I would go and buy the brush collection. :P

Ok, some more info about the products I bought:

Beauty Powder Blush in 'Tippy' $44.00 NZD

Favourite thing I purchased from this collection, for sure. This blush is a gorgeous mid tone blue pink colour that goes on lightly at first with the option to build up the colour if you prefer. I have literally worn this almost every day since buying it, it seems to look good with EVERYTHING.

Lipstick in 'Fresh Brew' $38.00 NZD



Fresh Brew is a creamy coffee colour. I bought this because I wanted a nude lipstick and this one was the closest to a nude in the collection. It's still not as nude as I'd like it to be, and is more sheer than I'd like, but it is a really nice colour that would suit most people. It also feels really nice on and isn't drying at all.
This is not a Limited Edition colour like most of the collection, but it IS in Limited Edition packaging so if, like me, you're a sucker for packaging and want a nice nude, I'd recommend you get this.

Lipstick in 'Big Bow' $38.00 NZD

Big Bow is a sheer bright blue intense pink. I saw this colour and knew instantly that I HAD to have it. It is a sheer lipstick but is buildable, so because of this most of us can get away with wearing this gorgeous bright lipstick. Like Fresh Brew it feels really nice on but unlike Fresh Brew this is a Limited Edition colour, so get in quick if you don't wanna miss out.

Below are some swatches. From top to bottom: Tippy (blush), Fresh Brew (lipstick) and Big Bow lipstick)

Left -Right: With Flash, Without Flash




The photos don't do Big Bow justice, it really is much nicer in person!

Well guys, hope you enjoyed my first review! Some products from the Hello Kitty collection have sold out in stores already, so go check it out before you miss out!

oxo


3 comments:

  1. Nice haul!

    and thanks for visited me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweets! thanks for the add xoxo
    i wanted that HK fresh brew but too bad its all gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I was there when you got this. It was quite fun being in town that early with you. x

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...