Here are some quick tips for getting flawless foundation:
- Always prep skin first with a primer. I like Smashbox’s Photo Finish. A primer provides a base for the foundation to stick to and will stop foundation from seeping into pores and lines.
- If you have extremely dry skin, mix a drop of moisturiser in with your foundation.
- When choosing your foundation colour, apply a small amount to your jawline, let it sit for a couple of minutes and then check the colour in natural light. The one that blends into your skin undetectably is the right one!
- Do NOT use a darker foundation to look tanned. If you want to warm up your skin colour, use a bronzer.
- For the best results, use a brush to apply liquid and mineral foundation and use a sponge when applying a cream foundation. Using the right tool makes a huge difference!
- Make sure you brush a little foundation onto your neck so that your makeup doesn’t just stop at your jawline. Not a good look!
- Blend! Always check in the mirror to make sure you don’t have any streaks!
- Foundation doesn’t have to be applied EVERYWHERE. Try and avoid putting it on your eyelids, if they need covering up, use concealer instead.
- Lastly, If your foundation is over a year old, chuck it out. Oxidation causes the shade to darken and it may be harbouring bacteria. Gross!
Remember, foundation should enhance your skin, not cover it up! (That’s what concealer is for ;))
Wanna check out my other tips? Click here for a tip for covering up undereye circles and Click here to get great lashes!