Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Best of Beauty 2013: Makeup Part 2


Welcome to Part 2! If you haven't already, make sure you check out the Skincare edition of this along with Makeup Part 1.

Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer


Yet to find a concealer that beats this. It gives great coverage and doesn't crease or move throughout the day. My Mum actually loves this too. My only problem with it is that it's near impossible to find in New Zealand. Seriously, where are you hiding!?

Mascara: Benefit They're Real Mascara


This was the one mascara that really stood out last year, so much so that I even have two backups of it... just in case. It is seriously great at making your eyelashes look longer and thicker, as well as doing a pretty decent job of holding a curl. It's not the perfect mascara, but I'm not gonna lie - it comes pretty close!

Liquid Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner


I use this everyday. It is the best pen-style liquid eyeliner that I have used, hands down. Literally everytime I try a different liquid liner, I always end up going back to this. Nothing seems to be able to beat it. It's also the easiest liner to use if you are in a hurry, because the tip makes it so easy to apply. The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact that I feel like it's not quite black enough. But other than that, it can do no wrong!

Pencil Eyeliner: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in "Stingray"


Mum and I had asked my aunt to pick up some Stila Kajal eyeliners (which we adore!) from Sephora when she went to Hawaii for a holiday - but instead she brought some of these back, and it actually turned out to be a great mistake for me, because I love them!
I constantly break the kajal ones when I try to sharpen them, so I am stoked that these are the automatic wind-up type. They are really pigmented, and seem to stay put a lot longer on the waterline too. It's actually the only pencil eyeliner I seem to reach for these days. Keen to get some other colours!

Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion


It's been a favourite for years, what can I say? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Literally use it every single day, and I can't even begin to tell you how many tubes I've been through...
Adore the new packaging, so much better than the old wand applicator one. Never fails to make my eyeshadow look bolder, and never creases - love it!

Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 and 2


Wowzer.. with all the eyeshadows I have it was so hard to pick favourites, but I managed to narrow it down to these two. The original Naked palette has been a favourite for years, but I only just got the Naked 2 palette a couple of months ago and I honestly haven't stopped using them both. They are perfect for everyday, and are such good quality eyeshadows. So smooth and highly pigmented, they are yet to be beaten!

Lipstick: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter


Whenever I can't be bothered putting too much effort into my lipstick, I tend to reach for these. They apply like a balm, but have pretty decent colour payoff and seem to always look good! My favourite colour at the moment is "Cotton Candy" which is a beautiful pink that is perfect for Summer.

Lipgloss: NYX Butter Gloss 


Just want to make it clear that I am not really a fan of lip glosses. 9 times out of 10, they are usually horribly sticky and feel generally gross on the lips, so I tend to skip them. When I saw Shannon mention how much she loved these though, I figured I may as well give them a go - and I LOVE them. They feel great, aren't sticky at all and they even have amazing colour payoff! What more could you want?

Well that about sums up my favourites for the year 2013! I can only sit here and wonder what amazing finds 2014 will bring.

Thanks for viewing!
oxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...