Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Review: Maybelline Colorsensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick


Dare to go bare with Maybelline New York’s newest nude collection, Stripped Nudes. 
Stripped Nudes ensure raw, born-to-be-naked colour for the most intense statement lips. Unlike classical nudes with a sheer, sparkly finish, this formula is not only free of shimmers and dilutants but saturated with raw pigments for the boldest naked impact.

Maybelline lipsticks are something I've never really had much experience with, and after trying this one and one of the Bold Mattes (review coming soon!), I honestly don't know why I didn't investigate them sooner!

The colour I have is "Coffee Craze" and it is a brownish nude. It applies very smoothly, and the pigmentation is so great that it seems one swipe is all it takes to get a nice opaque colour! Very impressive! The colour itself is definitely one that would flatter almost any skintone, and I'm happy to report that it's definitely not one of those ultra nudes that can make you look a little zombie-like.

Here's a swatch of it on my hand, taken in natural light


My favourite way to wear it is with bold eyes, as shown in this photo from Instagram where I paired it with a soft purple smokey eye


But it also actually looks real good when paired with a more natural eye look (also from Instagram)


Overall I'm really happy to have this colour in my lipstick stash, and will definitely be keeping my eye out for the other colours in the Stripped Nudes collection. They retail for $19.99 NZD - which is a bargain if you ask me!

Thnaks for viewing!
oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...