Thursday, January 23, 2014

Swatch Watch: MAC Eyeshadow Collection

I asked you guys whether you wanted me to swatch my MAC eyeshadow collection, and you said yes! So here it is in all it's glory. 

Just a warning, this post will be very photo heavy. 

First up is the MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow trios. These were from the Red She Said collection from way back.

Threesome 



Absolutely love the burgundy colour in this, it's a bit like cranberry and is just beautiful. The cool-toned pink is also really lovely, but I don't think much of the chunky copper glitter to be honest. Like all glitters, it goes everywhere and doesn't have very good pigmentation.

Danger Zone 



The red in this is just gorgeous! The black is a little chalky and is like a cross between MAC's Black Tied and Carbon. The chunky silver glitter in this, is exactly the same texture as the copper one in Threesome.

Persuasive



The medium blue in this is gorgeous and has great colour payoff, the chunky silver glitter is the same as the glitters above and the navy blue has a nice iridescent shimmer - but the payoff isn't too great.

Next up are two palettes that were from the Passions of Red Collection.

Intriguing Scarlet: 6 Warm Eyes - Sweet Joy, Well Spiced, Real Drama, Warm Suede, Gentle Heat, Grand Entrance


L-R: Sweet Joy, Warm Suede, Well Spiced, Gentle Heat, Real Drama and Grand Entrance
This is actually one of my favourite MAC items of all time! Obviously limited edition which sucks, but I'm sure there are dupes for all of the colours. Every shade in this palette has incredible colour payoff, I particularly love Warm Suede - so gorgeous!

Infatuating Rose: 6 Cool Eyes - Satisfy, Bonfete, Feast, Cavort, Platonic and Deep Feelings


L-R: Satisfy, Cavort, Bonfete, Platonic, Feast and Deep Feelings
This palette doesn't have the same intense colour payoff as the Intriguing Scarlet one does, but they're all pretty decent nonetheless. Favourites are Cavort, Bonfete and Platonic.

The next one is obviously from the Riri Hearts Mac collection. Love the packaging so much.

Smoked Cocoa



I actually love this palette. I've heard a lot of negative things about it, but I haven't had any trouble with it whatsoever. All the colours swatch fine on me and are easy to apply and blend out. My favourites are definitely the top two, I just think they're so gorgeous.

And now we're onto my two 15 pan MAC palettes. I'm so excited to start a third one!
All swatches are in order of how they appear in the palettes. 

Left to right, top to bottom: Blanc Type, Vanilla, Phloof!, Rice Paper, Shroom, Satin Taupe, All That Glitters, Sable, Wood Winked, Amber Lights, Brown Down, Wedge, Tempting, Club and Handwritten.
L-R: Blanc Type, Vanilla, Phloof!, Rice Paper and Shroom
L-R: Satin Taupe, All That Glitters, Sable, Wood Winked and Amber Lights
L-R: Brown Down, Wedge, Tempting, Club and Handwritten
Favourites are Phloof!, Shroom, Satin Taupe, All That Glitters, Wedge and Handwritten. 

Left to right, top to bottom: Bio Green, Steamy, Newly Minted, Greensmoke, Humid, Beautiful Iris, Creme De Violet, Contrast, Red Brick, Vellum, Electra, Knight Divine, Honey Lust, Goldmine and Carbon
L-R: Bio Green, Steamy, Newly Minted, Greensmoke and Humid
L-R: Beautiful Iris, Creme De Violet, Contrast, Red Brick and Vellum
L-R: Electra, Knight Divine, Honey Lust, Goldmine and Carbon
Favourites in this palette would be Humid, Vellum, Electra and Goldmine. 

Well that's all of my MAC eyeshadows (so far!), hope you enjoyed seeing them all. If you'd like me to do a swatch post on all my MAC pigments, just let me know in the comments below or on twitter.

Thanks for viewing!
oxo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! oxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...